This week’s storytime theme is “Beary Fun!” I asked each parent to let their child bring a teddy bear with them for storytime company. In addition to the activities below, we also had a “teddy bear picnic” with teddy grahams, gummy bears and apple juice!
- Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear Illustrated by Michael Hague (repetition patterns)
- Bears, Bears, Everywhere by Rita Milios (early counting)
- Golden Bear by Ruth Young (easy for young children to relate to this story of a young boy and his teddy bear)
- Everybody Has a Teddy by Virginia Kroll (again, good for young kids to relate to the actions in the book)
- Bedtime for Bear by Bonny Becker (fun read with lots of opportunity for more dramatic readers to act out the parts)
- Eat Like a Bear by April Pulley Sayre (educates children about the behavior and lifestyle patterns of wild bears)
This lesson plan is free and you have my permission to use it all you want. I just ask that you give me a little love by crediting me on any blog or social media post. Thank you!