Well, we have had three weeks off from programming at the library! And with the new year, it is time to start a new semester of storytime. This week we are talking about winter. BRRRRRR!
- First Snow by Bernadette Ford (Lots of teaching moments in this simple story.)
- I Love Snow! by Hans Wilhelm (This is an easy reader and deals with easy problem solving.)
- The Mitten by Jan Brett (This one really needs no explanation. It’s Jan Brett. Enough said.)
- Snowmen at Work by Caralyn Buehner (Ever wonder what your snowman does when you are not looking?)
- Thomas’ Snowsuit by Robert Munsch. (Ok, anyone who knows me knows that I ADORE Robert Munsch books. I will throw them into a storytime any chance I get. You can never go wrong here. Plus, this books talks about underwear and what 4 year old doesn’t love that?)
Snowflake Dots: Oriental Trading Co. once again to the rescue again! Although it is worth noting that these dot markers and coordinating color sheets are available in many teacher supply and office supply stores. They are awesome for hand eye coordination, plus they are minimally messy and the paint dries fast, which is a plus in the library world! We used blue, purple and yellow to make colorful snowflakes!
This lesson plan is free and you have my permission to use it all you want.
I just ask that you give me a little love by crediting me on any blog or social media post.