This week we are discussing friendships in storytime. We are talking about making new friends, as well as how to keep old ones!
- Little Quack’s New Friend by Lauren Thompson (This one shows us how to make friends by not rejecting others because they are different.)
- Biscuit Finds a Friend by Alyssa Satin Capucilli (This is an easy reader with a simple message of helping others.)
- How Do Dinosaurs Play With Their Friends? by Jane Yolen (Are they mean? Do they pout? Or do they know how to be a good friend?)
- It’s Mine! by Leo Lionni (Part of friendship is togetherness and sharing. This book explores those concepts.)
- Just Me & My Friend by Mercer Mayer (Little Critter and his friend cause a bit of mayhem!)
Friendship Tree Project: After discussing how friends work together, we did just that by adding our fingerprints to a Friendship Tree. This will be laminated and hung in the library for all to see a visual representation of the friendships we created during storytime! Also, we colored pages of Clifford and Winnie the Pooh with their friends!
This lesson plan is free and you have my permission to use it all you want. I just ask that you give me a little love by crediting me on any blog or social media post. Thank you!