Winter time themes continue this month with the Arctic Blast storytime. This week we are focused on polar animals, as well as the people who live near them.
- Little Penguin’s Tale by Audrey Wood (Children can relate to the tale of a penguin who does not follow the rules.)
- Mama, Do You Love Me? by Barbara M. Joose (Pretty pictures and a sweet story)
- A Penguin’s Story by Antoinette Portis (Shows children the excitement in exploration)
- Snow Bear by Jean Craighead George (Teaches compassion while educating about polar bears)
- Tacky the Penguin by Helen Lester. (Oh, Tacky! You are such an odd bird! But such a fun bird to read about!)
Polar Bear Faces: These adorable faces are so easy to make! Kids take a small paper plate and paint it with a glue stick. As they attach cotton balls, the parents cut out two white half circle for the ears, two small white circle for the eyes and three black ovals for the eyes and nose. Just use the glue to attach the parts and voila! But be sure you don’t put your glue stick on the cotton balls or you will have a very big mess!
This lesson plan is free and you have my permission to use it all you want. I just ask that you give me a little love by crediting me on any blog or social media post. Thank you!