This week is our last storytime until fall. We have to go on a programming break so that I can plan Summer Reading!
- Shells by Betsy Franco (There are many types of shells and some are not found on a beach!)
- What Has a Shell? by Mary Elizabeth Salzmann (This non-fiction book talks about the different creatures who use shells in pretty color pictures.)
- What Lives in a Shell? by Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld (This books tells us what a shell is and what animals use them.)
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Shell by Lucille Colandro (The Old Lady is at it again! She won’t stop eating things. This time she is at the beach…)
- A House for Hermit Crab by Eric Carle (Hermit Crab is too big for his shell and has to move. This book is a great transition story for my friends going to kindergarten next year.)
Watercolor Seashells: When you read A House for Hermit Crab, you find out that Hermit Crab felt his shell was, well, plain. So, of course, we had to paint our plain white seashells!
All this interactive activity took was a bag of plain white shells from the Dollar Tree and inexpensive watercolors! Cheap and fun!
This lesson plan is free and you have my permission to use it all you want. I just ask that you give me a little love by crediting me on any blog or social media post. Thank you!