I cannot believe Valentine’s Day is Sunday! That means it is the time of year for one of my FAVORITE crafts! Every year, I set a tone of construction paper, stickers, lace, glue sticks and things that sparkle and let the kids make their own special homemade Valentine’s. You know, I feel that homemade Valentine’s are a lost art! And kids come up with adorable ones! You should give it a try!
p.s. It’s a great way to use up those scraps you have laying around!
- Be Mine, Be Mine, Sweet Valentine by Sarah Weeks (an open the flap book with sweet sentiments–kids love to see what surprise is under the flap!)
- Happy Valentine’s Day! by Alex Appleby (A very simple non fiction explanation of how we celebrate Valentine’s Day)
- Biscuit’s Valentine’s Day by Alyssa Satin Capucilli (Biscuit books are always sure hits!)
- The Day It Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond (A little girl makes sure everyone has Valentine cards.)
- Mr. Goat’s Valentine by Even Bunting (This fun read makes you think Mr. Goat is a terrible gift giver until you see who his gifts are for!)
- That’s Love by Sam Williams (A sweet book that explores the feeling of love and how to recognize it)
Homemade Valentine’s Cards: Using doilies, scraps, construction paper, stickers, crayons and more! Your imagination is the limit!
This lesson plan is free and you have my permission to use it all you want. I just ask that you give me a little love by crediting me on any blog or social media post. Thank you!