We are fresh back from Spring Break this week and looking at only three story times left before I go on hiatus and plan summer reading! But it’s ok, our last three storytimes are super fun ones! This week we are talking about kites and wind!
- We Like Kites by The Berenstains (This book shows the many different types of kites that are out there!)
- Someone Bigger by Jonathan Emmett (A funny, cute read!)
- Stuck by Oliver Jeffers (Another funny book that really drives home the point of not flying your kite around a tree!)
- The Kite by Mary Packard (An easy reader which is great for toddlers.)
- Riley Flies a Kite by Susan Blackaby (This book really opens the dialogue to discuss the proper conditions to fly a kite in.)
- Kite Day: A Bear and Mole Story by Will Hillenbrand (A very sweet read!)
Kite Designing: Kids were given the opportunity to design their own kite using a precut diamond shaped template. Then they were to pick a very straight pipe cleaner to stand in place of the string. This was taped onto the back with masking tape. When the kids held the kite by the very tip of the pipe cleaner, the kite would bob and weave, just a like a real kite in the wind! This activity ended with bog smiles on the kid’s faces!
This lesson plan is free and you have my permission to use it all you want. I just ask that you give me a little love by crediting me on any blog or social media post. Thank you!