We are back to storytime this week and having one last swing at summer with our ocean theme!
- Swimmy by Leo Lionni (nice story of team work and seeing differences as strengths)
- The Adventures of Marco Flamingo Under the Sea by Sheila Jarkins (Bi Lingual book—kids enjoyed practicing their Spanish speaking!)
- Rainbow Fish to the Rescue by Marcus Pfister (Exploring friendships and danger)
- Pout, Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen (It’s so much fun to read the blub part out loud in this one! Plus you get to frown and make silly faces!)
- I Swim An Ocean in My Sleep by Norma Farber (This calm and quiet book carries you off to ocean adventures!)
Paper Plate Fish: In this craft we used small, colored paper plates as the body of the fish. While the parents cut out the fin and tail shapes, the kids got busy placing an eye on the fish, along with scales made from circular stickers. The end result was a bright and cheery fish each child got to take home with them!
This lesson plan is free and you have my permission to use it all you want. I just ask that you give me a little love by crediting me on any blog or social media post. Thank you!