Music Morning Lesson Plan
As people come in, have them sign in, remove shoes and find a spot on the floor…should be in a large circle.
- Hello Song (Wiggles & Giggles Cd #1 *Kindermusik cd I got when my children participated in Kindermusik* )
- Introduction of theme: “Halloween”
- Read story: Very Scary by Tony Johnston
- Active Movement Song: “If You’re a Ghost” (see below)
- Teacher Instrument Exploration: maracas (every gets a turn playing)
- Kids Instrument Exploration: One tambourine (sounds like ghosts) and one egg shaker (sounds like bones) **Played our instruments to the song La Cucaracha**
- Put all instruments away
- Circle Dance: used yarn to make a giant spider web. (see pic) we played a musical version of Little Miss Muffet as we threw the yarn around. It was so popular we had to do it twice!
- Active Movement Song: “Eensy Weensy Spider” We also climbed up by standing up and feel back down by squatting.
- Mommy & Me Quiet Reading Time: Kids get books to read to mom and they cuddle while listening to music. Played “Sonata in C Minor” by Scarlatti
- Put books away
- BONUS Song: “Did You Ever See a Pumpkin?” (see below)
- Goodbye Song (Wiggles & Giggles Cd #2 Song # 26 *again the Kindermusik cd*)