Music Morning Lesson Plan
As people come in, have them sign in, remove shoes and find a spot on the floor…should be in a large circle.
- Hello Song (Wiggles & Giggles Cd #1 *Kindermusik cd I got when my children participated in Kindermusik* )
- Introduction of theme: Thanksgiving
- Read story: Thanksgiving Mice by Bethany Roberts
- Active Movement Song: “I’m Glad I’m Not a Turkey” **kids bounce on parents laps to the beat**
- Teacher Instrument Exploration: stir xylophone
- Kids Instrument Exploration: Triangles **Played our instruments to the song “Turkey in the Straw” on my 102 Kids Songs CD**
- Put all instruments away
- Active Movement Song: “Mashed Potatoes” from the Jim Gill Sings Do Re Mi Cd **We used our parachute for the first time. Kids could run under or help lift the parachute up and down.
- Mommy & Me Quiet Reading Time: Kids get books to read to mom and they cuddle while listening to music. Played “Brandenburg, Concerto No.4 in G Major” by Bach.
- Put books away
- Goodbye Song (Wiggles & Giggles Cd #2 *again the Kindermusik cd*)