Love was in the air this week at our libraries! Every year, I do the same craft for Valentine’s and every year it turns out totally different! The kids make homemade Valentine’s for someone they love! The kids love this open ended craft! I just give them junk and they create a treasure!
- Guess How Much I Love You? by Sam McBratney (Right up to the moon and back! *wink*)
- That’s Love by Sam Williams (This book takes the abstract notion of love and demonstrates the feeling it gives us.)
- Love is a Handful of Honey by Giles Andreae (Explores the different ways we can show our love for others.)
- Love, Splat by Rob Scotton (This one is cute, plus it introduced the topic of giving a card to someone for Valentine’s.)
- I Love You So Much! by Carl Norac (Ever have something important to say and not sure when to say it?)
Valentine Making Station: Just set out oodles and oodles of scraps and supplies and let them go to town! Examples: stickers, take, glue, scissors, construction paper, doilies, glitter, sequins, lace, ribbon, markers, hole punches, etc. etc.
This lesson plan is free and you have my permission to use it all you want. I just ask that you give me a little love by crediting me on any blog or social media post. Thank you!