Every preschooler I know loves dinosaurs! I loved them as a kid; my kids loved them as kids; and kids today still love them! There is something timeless about them…
- How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? by Jane Yolen (This is cute book series which puts dinosaurs in silly situations.)
- Dinosaur vs. Potty by Bob Shear (Very funny to the potty training toddler!)
- Too Many Dinosaurs by Mercer Mayer (A kid buys a dino egg at a yard sale and all of the sudden, he has a pet triceratops.)
- Edwina:The Dinosaur Who Didn’t Know She Was Extinct by Mo Willems (Mo Willems is always a fun read! Plus, this books give the opportunity to learn a new vocabulary word: extinct)
- Clifford & The Dinosaurs by Norman Bridwell (Clifford visits a dinosaur museum and thinks they are real!)
Watercolor Dinos: Using watercolors, children decorated a paper plate which had been cut in half. I provided stencils for the head, tail and feet which were glued on after they were cut out. In the end they had all sorts of unique and beautiful dinosaurs!
This lesson plan is free and you have my permission to use it all you want. I just ask that you give me a little love by crediting me on any blog or social media post. Thank you!