Music Morning Lesson Plan
As people come in, have them sign in, remove shoes and find a spot on the floor…should be in a large circle.
- Hello Song (Wiggles & Giggles Cd #1 *Kindermusik cd I got when my children participated in Kindermusik* )
- Introduction of theme: “Spring & Spring Flowers”
- Read story: Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert
- Active Movement Song: “The Seeds Grow” tune of “Farmer in the Dell” (see below)
- Teacher Instrument Exploration: first I used a duck whistle and then discussed other animals we hear about during spring. Then we used the guiro to tie into frogs.
- Kids Instrument Exploration: rhythm sticks **Played our instruments to the song “Ring Around the Rosey”
- Put all instruments away
- Circle Song: “Ring-A-Ring of Roses” tossed a bouquet of fake flowers around the circle to the music…tried fast, slow, high and low
- Active Movement Song: “My Busy Garden” from CD Bugs, Bugs, Bugs! We acted out the movement of the bugs.
- Mommy & Me Quiet Reading Time: Kids get books to read to mom and they cuddle while listening to music. Played “Spring Song” by Mendelssohn
- Put books away
- Goodbye Song (Wiggles & Giggles Cd #2 Song # 26 *again the Kindermusik cd*)
(I made a storyboard to go with the song. The lyrics are posted on the back of the appropriate pages.)